Dr. Joshua C. Yelverton attended Mercer University in Macon, Georgia where he graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry.
He completed his medical education at Mercer University School of Medicine. His post-graduate training included an Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery residency at Virginia Commonwealth University Health System in Richmond, VA and a fellowship in rhinology (sinus surgery) and endoscopic anterior skull base surgery at Georgia Regents University, formerly the Medical College of Georgia, in Augusta, GA. He is a member of Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society.
In addition to his special interests in the comprehensive management of sinus, skull base, and allergic disorders, Dr. Yelverton also enjoys head and neck surgery, salivary gland diseases, voice, and pediatric otolaryngology.
He is happily married with two sons. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, and watching college sports. He is a fan of University of Georgia football and Duke University basketball. Dr. Yelverton is a member of First United Methodist Church in Gastonia.
- Certified: American Board of Otolaryngology
- Fellowship: Rhinology and Endoscopic Anterior Skull Base Surgery, Georgia Regents University, Augusta, GA
- Residency: Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- Internship: Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- Medical School: Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, GA
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, summa cum laude, University Honors, Mercer University, Macon, GA